Is Mysore-style Ashtanga for Beginners? YES!
Mysore-style is the most effective method for ANYONE to learn the Ashtanga asana series from the ground up. You will receive personalized instruction and learn at a pace that is tailored to your energy and physical abilities.
How to get started?
- Purchase the new student package (only $25! for 2 weeks unlimited classes) BEFORE you arrive at your first class
- Begin with any Mysore class Monday- Thursday
- Arrive anytime between 6 and 7 am at your first class
- We are located at 853 Merrimon Ave. inside Veda Studios (second floor)
What is Mysore-style Yoga?
Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is a flowing style of yoga that integrates breath, posture, and focused gaze. The practice is effective at cultivating increased concentration, strength, and flexibility. Mysore style, or assisted self-practice, is the traditional method of learning Ashtanga vinyasa yoga.
What Mysore-style Ashtanga offers:
- Small groups and individualized instruction
- No pressure to keep up with others
- Potential for depth and internal focus
- Support from a community of practitioners
What to expect:
- You don’t need to know the sequence to attend Mysore-style classes!
- We will work with you pose by pose to develop your practice sequence.
- Typically, your first practice will take less than an hour.
- We’ll work with you to accommodate any injuries or issues.