Is Mysore-style Ashtanga for Beginners? YES!
Mysore-style is the most effective method for ANYONE to learn the Ashtanga asana series from the ground up. You will receive personalized instruction and learn at a pace that is tailored to your energy and physical abilities.
How to get started?
- Pre-registration for class is required! Purchase the new student package (only $25! for 2 weeks unlimited classes) and sign up for a class BEFORE you arrive at the studio
- Begin with any Mysore class Monday- Thursday
- Arrive either before 6:45 am (early class) or between 7:15 and 8 am (later class)
- We are located at 172 Deaver St.
What is Mysore-style Yoga?
Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is a flowing style of yoga that integrates breath, posture, and focused gaze. The practice is effective at cultivating increased concentration, strength, and flexibility. Mysore style, or assisted self-practice, is the traditional method of learning Ashtanga vinyasa yoga.
What Mysore-style Ashtanga offers:
- Small groups and individualized instruction
- No pressure to keep up with others
- Potential for depth and internal focus
- Support from a community of practitioners
What to expect:
- You don’t need to know the sequence to attend Mysore-style classes!
- We will work with you pose by pose to develop your practice sequence.
- Typically, your first practice will take less than an hour.
- We’ll work with you to accommodate any injuries or issues.