What is Mysore-style Yoga?Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is a flowing style of yoga that integrates breath, posture, and focused gaze. The practice is effective at cultivating increased concentration, strength, and flexibility. Mysore style, or assisted self-practice, is the traditional method of learning Ashtanga vinyasa yoga.
Want to get started?
Pre-registration for class is required! Contact us to sign you up for your first class
Is Mysore-style Ashtanga for Beginners?YES! Mysore-style is the most effective method for ANYONE to learn Ashtanga yoga from the ground up. You will receive personalized instruction from experienced teachers. Learn yoga at a pace that is tailored to your energy and physical abilities.
What Mysore-style Ashtanga offers:
- Small groups and individualized instruction
- No pressure to keep up with others
- Guidance from experienced teachers
- Potential for depth and internal focus
- Support from a community of practitioners
What to expect:
- You don’t need to know the sequence to attend Mysore-style classes!
- We will work with you pose by pose to develop your practice sequence.
- Typically, your first practice will take less than an hour.
- We’ll work with you to accommodate any injuries or issues.