What is Mysore-style Yoga?Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is a flowing style of yoga that integrates breath, posture, and focused gaze. The practice is effective at cultivating increased concentration, strength, and flexibility. Mysore style, or assisted self-practice, is the traditional method of learning Ashtanga vinyasa yoga.
How to get started
You can begin with either:
1) A 5-day small group workshop
- These are scheduled monthly. Covid protocols are in place for in-person workshops.
2) An individual private yoga session.
- These can be scheduled between 8:30am and 3pm Monday thru Friday; or 5-7pm Tues/Thurs
Contact us by email or text to ask about the upcoming schedule of 5-day small group workshops or to schedule a private yoga session.
Who Is Mysore-style Ashtanga for?
Mysore-style is the most effective method for ANYONE to learn Ashtanga yoga from the ground up. Learn yoga at a pace that is tailored to your energy and physical abilities.
This might be a good fit for you if:
- You're a beginner who wants to get started with yoga, but feel overwhelmed with big conventional yoga classes
- You're a long-term yoga practitioner who wants to explore more depth and challenge in your practice
- You want to develop/have developed a regular home yoga practice, but could benefit from support and checking in with a teacher
- You're interested in gaining a better understanding of the subtle practices of yoga like breathing, concentration, and mindfulness
What Mysore-style Ashtanga offers:
- Small groups and individualized instruction
- No pressure to keep up with others
- Guidance from experienced teachers
- Potential for depth and internal focus
- Support from a community of practitioners
What to expect:
- You don’t need to know the sequence to attend Mysore-style classes!
- We will work with you pose by pose to develop your practice sequence.
- Typically, your first practice will take less than an hour.
- We’ll work with you to accommodate any injuries or issues.
Want to get started?
- Sign up on this page: Mysore Workshop Registration
- Or email christine(at)themovementpuzzle.com or text Christine at: 352-215-0130 with questions
- Covid protocols in place for in-person group classes.